Sunday, July 26, 2009

Featured Vendor: 2 Chefs

2 Chefs currently offer their Middle Eastern cuisine at the Fremont Sunday Market and in selected stores. This husband-and-wife chef duo is extremely excited to be pioneers in Seattle's first street food venue.

More info about 2 Chefs is available at www.twochef.com. Here's their Seattle Street Food Market menu:

Falafel $6
Arab Chicken Skewers, Hummus, Pita, Arab Salad, Lemon wedge $7
Lamb Kebobs, Hummus, Pita, Arab Salad, Lemon wedge $8
BabaGhanuj $5
Hummus $5
Olives and feta $4
Greek Fusion salad $5
Watermelon & Feta $4

About the 2 Chefs team:

My wife & I were both raised in the heart of the Middle East.
The so familiar flavors we were brought on, the culture of hospitality and the passion for food and life in general, has made us who we are today.

Shimi: My Father was a great cook. He passed away when I was only 5 1/2. When my Mom would give me food I didn't like she would say "If you don't like it you can cook for yourself!" so naturally I began cooking at the age of 7. I started off with basic sauces and moved to more complex dishes as I gained experience. I could always rely on my older sisters whom I'd often call and ask for new recipes and ideas.

My friends have always supported this passion of mine, so at the age of 21 I got my first cooking job. At the beginning of 2009 my wife and I decided to take this passion to the next level and created 2 Chefs. We offer fresh authentic Middle Eastern food including Falafel, Hummus, BabaGhanuj & more.

Alina: My true passion in life is music. I have been singing for years now. Food is another passion. I really enjoy making good food and I find it very satisfying feeding people. I grew up in a house where the only spices were salt and pepper and in the best case paprika. When my husband and I started dating we would dine in excellent restaurants all the time. I was exposed to many great cuisines and that's when food became a passion. There's nothing like creating great dishes that people enjoy expressed by the silence of eating.

We are firm believers of you get what you give, and that's why we make everything with love and have made it a guideline to always have fun doing it. :)

2 comments:

  1. Excellent Food and the people are very nice....Highly Recommended ..... Eric Apoe

    ReplyDelete
  2. A chef is a person who cooks professionally for other people. Although over time the term has come to describe any person who cooks for a living, traditionally it refers to a highly skilled professional who is proficient in all aspects of food preparation.seattle fertility acupuncture

    ReplyDelete